This Roland JP-4 had one voice board where the filter behaved differently. I had gone through the entire calibration procedure in the service manual but I could not get the VCF Envelope Balance correct. The other three voice boards had no issues. When calibrating the board in question I just could not get it into...
So we’re getting closer to the end of this project, hopefully, here I solder the master section and I try to power it up for the first time and see if I get any sound at all from it.
This Korg Poly-800 Mk1 had suddenly started to behave oddly. If it made any sounds at all they were inconsistent and random. This would indicate that the memory is corrupt due to a bad battery. As I understand it there was no internal battery mounted in all of the Kort Poly-800 Mk1, they required batteries...
Soldering the I/O board of the E-Licktronic Nava TR-909 clone. The only issue here was that the DIN connectors did not have the correct spacing between the outer pins so I had to modify them as I did not want to wait for “proper ” ones. This worked out fine!
This video shows the soldering and troubleshooting of the E-Licktronic Nava Sequencer section. The biggest issue I had here was that the supplied LED holders were too big and did not fit side by side. I resolved this by using some 10MM high M3 spacers that I had. These fit perfectly; You just have to...
Soldering the Crash/Ride section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the Hihat section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the Handclap section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the Rimshot section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the High Tom section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone.