In this Yocto several of the distances/spacers used to screw the PCB to the front of the machine had been broken off. Some of them were loose when I got the case and some of them broke off due to stress when screwing them in. Here I glue these back using epoxy glue
On the Yocto v1.0 there is no option to install a power switch. So in this video I show how to install it by cutting & removing a trace and connecting the switch in series with that cut. Please verify with a multimeter that there is no connection between the center pin of the connector...
More than a year ago a bought a metal case for the Yocto. This case was made to have an internal 230V power supply and an IEC connector. There was no hole for the original external power supply connector. As time went on I realised I would never build this internal power supply. I decided...
I finished the IO board and connected it to the main board and it powered up! Unfortunately the sequencer buttons did not work properly so I could not initalize the EEPROM memory, more about that in a later post. Video and images after the click!
The sequencer is now fully assembled apart from the MCU and SPI EEPROM not being mounted, according to the instructions. Video and photos in the post!
This section was quite small and was quickly assembled without any issues. I am however starting to think that there will be some horrible issues when I finalize the unit. But that is a problem for another day. Video in the post!
Continuing with the Hihats of the Yocto.. No issues here (unfortunately?), let’s hope things continue in this manner. Just the master section and the sequencer left now. Video in the post
The Cymbal is soldered now. I had some issues with calibration and had to replace som resistors to get the calibration right. Video in the post.
Things are coming along nicely, apart from the fact that my arm is now covered with ink from a pen which I forgot to recap while soldering the Cow Bell. Check out the video in the post!
So I moved in July if 2017 and after that I haven’t really done anything with the Yocto unfortunately. I have done some work on restoring a Korg Polysix with various issues, but that will be a separate post. But now I have actually managed to get my thumb out of my ass to finish...