Updating the firmware via MIDI SysEx to the latest version I could find (v1.028beta). Used “Syxex Librarian” in MacOS to do the transfer but MidiOx on Windows should work fine also.
Installing the powers switch in the Nava. Used crimp connectors instead of soldering so it would be easy to take things apart when needed
Fitting the E-Licktronic Nava in the metal case. Had minor issues with the scale LEDs not fitting properly due to the holes being too small. I also had some issues with the back screws as the spacer was off some fractions of a millimeter. Later on I managed to bend these slightly so the screws...
So we’re getting closer to the end of this project, hopefully, here I solder the master section and I try to power it up for the first time and see if I get any sound at all from it.
Crimping all of the cables for the E-Licktronic Nava. I decided to use connectors on both ends of the cables as I am not fond of soldering cables directly to a board, so twice the amount of crimps! If you are going to do this I would recommend buying 5-10% more of the crimp terminals....
Soldering the I/O board of the E-Licktronic Nava TR-909 clone. The only issue here was that the DIN connectors did not have the correct spacing between the outer pins so I had to modify them as I did not want to wait for “proper ” ones. This worked out fine!
This video shows the soldering and troubleshooting of the E-Licktronic Nava Sequencer section. The biggest issue I had here was that the supplied LED holders were too big and did not fit side by side. I resolved this by using some 10MM high M3 spacers that I had. These fit perfectly; You just have to...
Soldering the Crash/Ride section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the Hihat section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the Handclap section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone