Soldering the Handclap section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the Rimshot section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
Soldering the High Tom section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone.
Soldering the Middle Tom of the E-licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone. I discovered that I by mistake had used the wrong type of capacitors in the power supply (but the correct value). Some of these capacitors were needed in the Middle Tom section so I had to desolder and rework the power supply.
So here I solder the Low Tom section, there were not any apparent problems doing this. We’ll see how it works when everything is done 🙂
Soldering the snare drum section of the E-Licktronic Nava. This is a quite old PCB (the initial run perhaps); v1.0L. This board has an issue in the snare drum where the transistors Q43, Q46 & Q49 pin1/2 have been switched around on the PCB. So we have to switch these two pins around to make...
I have an older revision of the E-Licktronic Nava, v1.0L, which apparently has an issue with the bass drum. One of the traces on the board has to be cut and bypassed by a flying wire. This problem has been corrected in newer revisions of the board (I am not sure which revision though). See...
Soldering the Noise section of the E-Licktronic Nava Roland TR-909 clone
It is time to build the E-Licktronic Nava, the Roland TR-909 clone! I’ve had the kit and a metal case for several years but I haven’t actually started building it. So about a month ago I ordered the remaining components from Mouser. In this video I solder and test the power supply. Nothing exceptional here;...
In this Yocto several of the distances/spacers used to screw the PCB to the front of the machine had been broken off. Some of them were loose when I got the case and some of them broke off due to stress when screwing them in. Here I glue these back using epoxy glue