x0xb0x – Replacing Potentiometers

Replacing the potentiometers in a x0xb0x. Several of the potentiometers had some noise issues and they were possible to wiggle back and forth. We decided to replace all of the pots to have everything nice and fresh. I ordered the pots from Willzyx (http://willzyx.com) as it was easier and cheaper, mainly due to the shipping cost, to order from e.g. Mouser. The new pots were from Alpha and they were slightly shorter than the ones that were mounted originally. This however was not an issue as it looked better with the pot caps closer to the case. However the tempo encoder was around 3-4mm taller than the Alpha pots so I had to trim that one so it looked the same when the caps were mounted.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.