I finished the IO board and connected it to the main board and it powered up! Unfortunately the sequencer buttons did not work properly so I could not initalize the EEPROM memory, more about that in a later post. Video and images after the click!
The sequencer is now fully assembled apart from the MCU and SPI EEPROM not being mounted, according to the instructions. Video and photos in the post!
This section was quite small and was quickly assembled without any issues. I am however starting to think that there will be some horrible issues when I finalize the unit. But that is a problem for another day. Video in the post!
Continuing with the Hihats of the Yocto.. No issues here (unfortunately?), let’s hope things continue in this manner. Just the master section and the sequencer left now. Video in the post
The Cymbal is soldered now. I had some issues with calibration and had to replace som resistors to get the calibration right. Video in the post.
Things are coming along nicely, apart from the fact that my arm is now covered with ink from a pen which I forgot to recap while soldering the Cow Bell. Check out the video in the post!
So I moved in July if 2017 and after that I haven’t really done anything with the Yocto unfortunately. I have done some work on restoring a Korg Polysix with various issues, but that will be a separate post. But now I have actually managed to get my thumb out of my ass to finish...
Things are progressing slowly. I am currently quite busy with work and searching for a new apartment and preparing for moving so I haven’t relly had the time/energy to do any soldering for a while. I finished the Rim Shot section a couple of weeks ago but I actually forgot to upload the video, but...
Guess I better get going sorting the rest of the components, working on the Rimshot section. Instead of sorting to baggies I decided to just tape the components to a piece of paper (using paper tape). Saw someone suggest it on a forum and it actually feels much more organized. Will waste less plastic also....
As you may have noticed (if someone is actually watching!) I managed to put the switch in the Low Tom section on the wrong side of the board. Don’t understand how I could miss that, but shit happens I guess. Decided to spend some time on the new year to resolve this issue.